Welcome

You are now here, essentially inside my head.

Hello, welcome, enjoy.

Please leave your sanity at the door, it's not needed here.








Wednesday 28 September 2011

University Life

It struck me today that I’ve been rambling on about being at uni without actually taking any pictures of the place. So today is going to be a photo blog! I will try to make these more often, with pictures of nights out and other interesting things, but I’m not great at remembering to take pictures so this might not be a regular thing.


The campus is seriously beautiful, there are trees everywhere, and the buildings are old and really quite pretty. There’s even a lake!  I’m pretty certain I’ve walked the whole campus by now; I’ve found a few nice places to sit and read (as well as a few trees to climb). I guess all in all I’m settling in quite well. I’m still without a roommate, I might get one at some point later in the year, or I’ll just get really lucky and not end up with one at all. That would be nice. I’m still not certain how well I would do sharing a room with another person, I guess I would manage but sometimes it’s nice to be able to shut the door and not have to see anyone. Especially when you’ve not had a great deal of sleep.

So this is my little room. It’s twice the size of everyone else’s room, but there are two beds and two desks in it so the actual floor space available is pretty small. I’ve managed to squidge everything in so far, but it’s not very tidy! Though I never have been a tidy person. Some of the things in here could go upstairs now that I know and trust my flatmates, (well mostly trust), but I’m used to having it down here now. If I took it all upstairs I would only forget what I had done with it. All I need now is a tiny fridge so I can have a pint of milk up here. Tea first thing in the mornings is definitely a necessity.

That’s it; this is my world for the next year. Lectures start properly on Monday and I will just have to let the wind take me. I might just find something interesting to say one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment